Your Source of Energy can be used in the classroom as an introduction to the concept of energy, photosynthesis and the carbon cycle.
- Where does the Earth’s energy come from?
- What form of energy do the students use most in their home?
- What is the source of the electricity used in their homes?
- How and why does electricity use change over time?
As an advanced lesson, this lesson can be used as review or as an intro to the CT Energy Education Lessons:
- Writing Across the Disciplines (Clean Energy in CT)
- Siting a Power Plant
As a demonstration activity: Gaining energy by reversing chemical reactions
- Electricity Generation in Connecticut—a reading about Connecticut Energy Infrastructure, including maps and electric transmission lines
- Connecticut Electric Generators data set
- Connecticut Electricity Overview ( a more in-depth view of the issues)
- Extensions include:
Energy Data Analysis Exercises
Energy Data Analysis Database Answer Guide for Energy Data
Effects of Temperature on Energy Production
Weather and Electric Use Worksheet